Get me outta here!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

How to Verify Your PayPal Account Using Smart Money Card (June 8, 2014)

As a blogger and an online worker, we all need to have our own PayPal account. We use this account for online transactions. But the number one problem we always face is, how can my account be verified? 
This was my problem for around two weeks after registering to PayPal. I do not know how to link my PayPal account to any card here in the Philippines. I didn't try to work for a job that's the reason why i do not know what card should I use for my PayPal. 
What did you do Christian? 

First thing I did was, I've read some articles on how to verify my PayPal account without using any card and found out that it seems to be impossible. Then since I do not have a job, I tried to find the cheapest instruction that I can and found an article on how to verify my PayPal using RCBC MyWallet Card. I applied for the card but I do not have a job and unfortunately they want to have their customer a source of income to write on the application form. In short, I failed.
I asked another blogger on how did he verified his PayPal. Then he sent me a link. I read the article but the process is too hard. That's when I decided to go to a Smart Wireless Center. I asked my wife to come with me. Here's what we did:
We went to Smart Wireless Center (Mall of Asia Branch). If you are near Pasay, you may go there. It's on the 2nd floor. If you see the Red Ribbon, go straight ahead and go to the 2nd floor using the stairs at the front of El Pollo Loco. If you see the CD-R King, you're in the right place. Walk straight going to seaside before the second entrance, you will see the Smart Wireless Center on your left. 
Note: I don't know if this schedule is for all the Smart Wireless Center Branches, but for you not to waste time, please go on Thursdays through Sundays. I've tried to go to Smart Wireless Center on both MOA branch and SM Taytay branch but they said that their Smart Money Card Ambassador will only be available on Thursdays through Sundays. :)
They will ask you to fill-up an application form for your Smart Money Card. Fill it up with your real information. Please, do not make any dummy information. Also make sure that "you have your own smart buddy sim card with atleast Php30.00 airtime load" before going to them because you're going to use it for linking your number to your Smart Money Card. 
You will link your card using your phone. Here's how: 
Using your phone with Smart Buddy Simcard
  • Go to SMART Menu
  • Select SMART Money.
  • Select Activate Card.
  • Input your 16-digit SMART Money Card Number, press OK.
  • Enter your preferred Card Name, press OK.
  • Enter your Card-PIN (ATM-PIN), press OK. Card-PIN/ATM-PIN can be the same as your W-PIN.
  • Wait for the text message confirming the transaction.
Or if you want to link it VIA SMS:

  • Text MONEY <16-digit card number> to 343.
  • Enter your desired W-PIN (6-digits), press OK.
  • Re-enter W-PIN, press OK.
  • Enter your preferred Card Name, press OK.
  • Enter your Card-PIN (ATM-PIN), press OK. Card-PIN/ATM-PIN can be the same as your W-PIN.
  • Wait for the text message confirming the transaction.
After that, you are successfully linked to your Smart Money Card. 
You need to have atleast Php 300.00 load in your Smart Money Card. What I did is, I went to BDO. I ask the guard for the color "orange" payment slip. Fill-up that payment slip with your details. I made an example for better understanding. 
Then go to the end of the cashier line and wait for your turn. They will process your payment and wait for the copy of your payment slip. They will give it to you right after the transaction.
After that, you will need to unlock your internet transactions in your Smart Money Card. Here's what I did:
  • Go to Smart Menu
  • Smart Money
  • Smart Money Again
  • Internet Txn
  • Unlock
  • "Your Name"
  • Enter your 6-digit W-PIN number (the number you made earlier)
  • Wait for the confirmation text message. 
After unlocking your internet transaction. This is the time to verify your PayPal Account. I assume that you have your PayPal Account already because my topic is how to verify unverified PayPal Account. Here's how:
  • Go to PayPal
  • Log in your Paypal Account
  • Go to Overview
  • You will see the status: "Get Verified" 
You will be directed to another window
  • Choose type of card (In our case, since we're using Smart Money Card, choose MasterCard
  • Type in the expiration date of your card (it is indicated at the front of the card) 
  • Next type in the Security code ( it's at the back of your card. Do you see the 7 numbers imprinted? It is typed in like this "xxxx xxx". The last 3 separated numbers are the Security Code. 
  • After that Save and Continue
  • You will go to the main page again and click confirm email address
Image Source: http://www.telecomhall.com/Data/Sites/1/siteimages/paypal/paypal_06_confirm_mail_en-US.JPG
  • You will receive a message from smart. Find the 4 digit code number sent by Smart Money Card. It goes something like this "Approval of Php 100.00 purchase at PP*1234CODE Merchant from card Christian." Type in the 4-digit code number. and click confirm.
It will congratulate your for verifying your PayPal account. Remember that it will deduct Php100.00 from your Smart Money Card but take heart, it will just be transferred to your PayPal Account. 
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE JUST VERIFIED YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT USING SMART MONEY CARD. =)
Here's my proof that my PayPal account is currently verified with my Smart Money Card

0 comments:

Post a Comment